What PII Does the Company Collect?
We may collect the following PII when you use the Application or communicate with the Company:
- Registration information. This includes your name, address, email address, username and other contact information.
- Social Media Information. If you connect to the Application using your social media profile (such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or similar social media platforms), we will receive some of your social media account information and exactly what information we receive will depend on your settings in that social media account. Logging in with your social media account will not allow us to post anything to your social media page without your permission.
- Information you submit to the Application or other users. You may upload or transmit User Content (as defined in the Company’s Terms of Service Agreement) and other information when using the Application, including when you play games or message other users.
- In-Application purchase information. If you purchase any Virtual Goods (as defined in the Company’s Terms of Service Agreement) we will collect PII required to process your payments, including credit card or other payment method information and billing information.
- Information we automatically collect. We may collect information about your computer or mobile device, including your IP address and location, when you use the Application. We may also collect PII about how you use the Application and interact with other users.
- Surveys. You may complete surveys within the Application. These surveys may ask you to submit PII that we will collect including demographic details.
- Information you share when you contact us. If you email or message the Company we may collect PII you share with us.
How is PII Used?
Generally, we use PII to provide Battle of the Leaderboards. Specifically, we may use your PII in the following ways:
- Providing the Application. We will use PII to let you create and customize your profile, play games with other users, communicate with other users, share on social networks and otherwise use the App.
- Processing in-Application purchases. We will use PII to charge your credit card or other payment method for purchases made within the Application. We may use third party payment processors to do this.
- Profile information. When you play games through the Application, you may create a unique profile. Your profile will be specific to the games played and will remain anonymous unless you choose to add personal information. Other players and users of the Application may be able to view your profile and your progress in the games, but no PII will be visible unless you add it.
- Chat. Our Application includes a player-to-player chat functionality. Users of our chat service(s) can send messages to other registered players. Your messages may be used and stored by us: (a) to convey your messages; and (b) to enable you and your recipients to view your message history. We reserve the right to review the content of your messages, including by using automatic filters, to ensure that you are complying with our terms of service and we also reserve the right to prevent your use of our chat service(s) or to block the sending of any message for any reason. We will not use the content of your chat messages for any other purpose.
- Serving advertisements. We may use PII to present you with customized advertisements, offerings, and surveys.
- Improving the Application. PII will be used to improve the quality and design of the Application and create new features, promotions, functionality and services by storing, tracking and analyzing user preferences and trends.
- Customer service. We use your PII, including data that you provide directly to us in communications, to provide you with support through our customer service channels when you need it. We may also use it to contact you, for example as part of customer service or to send you updates about our games and services. Finally, we will use your PII to manage your account and relationship with us and improving your experience when you use the Application.
- Analytics. We may use PII to analyze how you use the Application and to provide our development team, affiliates, and advertisers with usage information.
- Legal disclosure. We may disclose your PII to comply with a legal or regulatory process, subpoena, or court order, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with any applicable laws. In instances when we are provided with PII and/or non-PII, we reserve the right to disclose such information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to enforce our Terms of Service (if applicable), take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, to assist government enforcement agencies, to protect the security or integrity of our Application, and to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of the Company, our users or others.
- Many browsers and devices all you to limit or disable cookies. You may also delete cookies from your computer or device. However, if you choose to block or delete cookies, certain features of the Application may not operate or display correctly.
Collection of Information From Minors
- We do not knowingly market to or collect any PII from anyone under the age of 13. Please contact the Company if you believe that we have collected PII from a child under the age of 13 so we may delete it.
- The Application may display links to third party websites, products, services, or downloads. We cannot control the content offered by these third parties and we can make no guarantees as to the protection and privacy of any information which you submit to these websites. You agree to visit third party links solely at your own risk.